Hair brush advice for hair types and conditions
Human heads contains about 100,000 hairs. Each hair shaft is made of 3 layers – the cuticle (outside layer), which protects the two inner layers. Our individual hair type is created by genetics, but over your lifetime, the condition of your hair can change radically at different stages of your life due to age, health, environment, temperature, psychological state of mind and chemical hair treatments.
In order to maximise your hair healthy potential, it is important to use the correct hair brush and comb. As with the rest of our bodies, hair is healthiest when we eat right, exercise and protect it.
In short, at Kent we advise our customers to establish your hair type, and what condition your hair is currently in. Decide and treat yourself to a selection of hair brushes best suited to your hair type, styling needs and budget, and use these alongside the appropriate hair products. Some of our top tips include:
- Don't twist or tug at your hair
- Only wear thick covered hair elastics and accessories with covered springs and clips. These will prevent the accessories from snagging or breaking hair.
- Only use handmade saw cut combs that are smooth and rounded with no moulding ridge that can be sharp enough to cut hair (see 'handmade' combs)
- Sleep on a satin pillow to minimise tangles
- Wear a swimming cap in highly chlorinated pools
- Over-drying is the worst culprit for hair damage.
For any further product and hair brush advice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org