An excellent opportunity for an experienced Handcrafter/Packer to join a well-established company based in Hemel Hempstead.
Established for nearly 250 years with products in over 50 Countries, Kent Brushes create a wide range of high-quality brushes using sustainable materials. Awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017 and is also in the Financial Times’ Top 1000 fastest growing companies in Europe.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a Setter/Operator. You will predominately be machining wooden components used in high end brush manufacture.
We are looking for someone who is competent and takes great pride in their work. You must have an eye for detail, have excellent communications skills, be able to work efficiently in a busy environment as part of a team or on your own. Ideally you must have experience and knowledge of working in the wood working industry. You must also have experience in operating and setting machinery and woodworking skills.
You will have a high level of initiative and motivation with the ability to seek out solutions to problems. You will also support the manufacturing of financially viable products across the production facility by using skills and knowledge to produce products in the most cost-effective manner.
- Work within defined customer quality requirements.
- Set and operate machines in the Filling department
- Maintain Filling Shop machines
- Provide Time and Weight checks
- Recording times accurately on the system
- Cleaning down machines after use and clean work area
- Adhere to Health and Safety Regulations
- Procurement of Tooling and Consumables
- In depth knowledge of setting and meeting customer expectations across a range of products
- Qualifications and or experience in machining
- Should be numerate, able to read engineering drawings and apply relevant inspection techniques to ensure that only quality products are produced.
- Work under low supervision with a good awareness of the health safety requirements in a wood working environment and able to keep up with all the current legal requirements.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workshop including maintenance of tools jigs and fixtures etc.
- IT Literate
Salary: £ TBC
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Hours: 39 hours per week. 7.30 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30 am - 12.30 pm Friday
Benefits: 23 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension, competitive salary, employee discount.
If you feel that you have the relative skills/attributes to fulfil this role, then please apply using the online form here.
In light of Covid-19, interviews may be undertaken via Microsoft Teams.