At Kent Brushes, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Who are we
We’re G.B. Kent & Sons Plc a registered company (no. 00066471). The registered address is London Road, Apsley, Hemel Hempstead HP3 9SS.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about our products via our form on our contact page, make a purchase or create an account on our website. What type of information is collected from you? The personal information we collect might include your name, email address, IP address, and your phone number. We also collect information regarding what pages are accessed and when but we are unable to link this to you personally.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- to respond to you when you email us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- send you communications which you have requested or that may be of interest to you.These may include news about what we have been up to;
- process an order.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
All emails sent via the contact forms on our site as save to the our websites logs and also all communications are sent directly from the site to us via traditional email which only authorised staff have access to these.
The only other data stored in our websites logs are IP addresses but that piece of information does not directly identify a person as we collected no other data alongside it.
Who has access to your information?
Only Kent Brushes will have access to your information you send us directly. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for any purposes including marketing.
If you leave a comment on our site, the information you provide will be passed though a third party to check if it is spam or not.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the products we o er, then you can opt-out of these communications by using the links in all communications to update your preferences. Or you can change your marketing preferences at any time by logging into your store account and going to the Newsletter Subscriptions page. Or alternatively you can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01442 23 26 23.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, you can edit this information by logging into your store account and going to the Account Information and Address Book pages. Or alternatively you can contact us by email: email@example.com or telephone on 01442 23 26 23. You also have the right to ask for a copy of the information Kent Brushes hold about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any information is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear in your web browser, meaning the connection between you and the server is secure.
Non-sensitive details (sent via email forms) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit All About Cookies. However, please note that if you choose to disable cookies, then parts of this website may not function correctly and it will severely harm our business, we will no longer be able to track visits to our website, see what the most popular pages are or devices looking at our website, it will be the equivalent of running a sweet shop, blindfolded with no stock-taking facility available.
By using and browsing the Kent Brushes website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with this policy. If you do not consent, you must turn o cookies or refrain from using the site, and all performance cookies will not be activated.
What cookies do Kent Brushes use?
Broadly, there are 2 types of cookie we use:
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as ‘Google Analytics’.
The table below list the cookies we use and will set regardless of your acceptance of our cookie message, these cookies are seen as essential to the running of the website, without them, desktop, mobile and tablet devices will not display the images properly.
Strictly necessary cookies:
- CART The association with the customer’s shopping cart.
- CATEGORY_INFO Stores the category info on the page to load pages faster.
- COMPARE The items in the customer’s Compare Products list.
- CUSTOMER An encrypted version of the shopper’s customer ID.
- CUSTOMER_AUTH Indicates if the customer are currently logged in to the store.
- CUSTOMER_INFO An encrypted version of the shopper’s customer group.
- EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE Indicates if caching is disabled or enabled.
- FRONTEND The customer’s session ID.
- FRONTEND_CID Customer session when a HTTPS page is visited.
- GUEST-VIEW Determines if guests can edit their orders.
- LAST_CATEGORY The last category visited by the shopper.
- LAST_PRODUCT The most recent product viewed by the shopper.
- NEWMESSAGE Indicates whether a new message has been received.
- NO_CACHE Indicates if the cache can be used to store information.
- PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART A link to information about the shopper’s cart and viewing history.
- RECENTLYCOMPARED Items recently compared b the shopper.
- STF< Information on products the shopper has emailed to friends.
- STORE The store view or language chosen by the shopper.
- USER_ALLOWED_SAVE_COOKIE Indicates if the shopper allows cookies to be saved.
- VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS The products recently viewed by the shopper.
- WISHLIST An encrypted list of products added to the shopper’s wishlist.
- WISHLIST_CNT The number of items in the shopper’s wishlist.
- COOKIELAW Remembers your setting when approving or disallowing cookies.
- _UTMA Identifies shoppers and sessions.
- _UTMB Determines new sessions/visits.
- _UTMC Determines if the shopper is in a new session/visit.
- _UTMz Saves the traffic source or campaign that explains how the shopper reached your site.
- _UTMT Type of request, which is one of: event, transaction, item, or custom variable.
- PAGECACHE Use when retrieving pages caches.
- AOESTATIC_CUSTOMERNAME Use when retrieving pages caches.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated 29 May 2018.
Customer care, we’re here to help