Saw Operator/Wood Machinist
An Excellent opportunity for an Experienced Saw Operator/Wood Machinist to join a well-established company based in Hemel Hempstead.
Established for nearly 250 years with products in over 50 Countries, we create a wide range of high-quality brushes using sustainable materials. Awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017 and they are also in the Financial Times’ Top 1000 fastest growing companies in Europe.
We are now looking to recruit an Experienced Saw Operator/Wood Machinist to join our skilled team.
About the Role:
- Sawing the wood from different types of wood to the correct size using multi rips and saws.
- Finish sizing using table saws, planers, and band saws.
- Shaping of products using various machinery such as copy lathes and profile machines
- Various ancillary ops involving drilling routing etc.
- Finishing using various sanders i.e. brush, flat, edge sanders etc.
- Stock control of the wood and consumables.
- Previous Experience within a similar role.
- Should be numerate, able to read engineering drawings and apply relevant inspection techniques to ensure that only quality products are produced.
- Work under low supervision with a good awareness of the health safety requirements in a wood working environment and able to keep up with all the current legal requirements for a wood working shop.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workshop including maintenance of tools jigs and fixtures etc.
- Stock control of the wood including fsc materials and consumables and booking the stock on a computer system.
- We also looking to modernise some of our machinery so any experience in modern machines would be an advantage along with any experience of first aid, forklift driving.
Working Hours: 39 hours a week Monday to Thursday 7.30-4.30 Friday 7.30-12.30.
In return the company is offering a Competitive Salary.
If you feel that you have the relative skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply using the online form here